Episode 13 of Public Key, the Chainalysis podcast, is here! In this episode, we talk with Ethan McMahon about the biggest highlights from the Chainalysis State of Web3 Report.
Public Key Episode 13 preview: The takeover of DeFi, identity in web3 and the digital real estate market boom
In this episode of Public Key, our host, Ian Andrews (CMO at Chainalysis) fresh off the Chainalysis Links Conferences in APAC region, returns just as the State of the Web3 Report hits newsstands. Ian is joined by colleague, Ethan McMahon (Economist, Chainalysis), who is the lead researcher on the highly anticipated Web3 Report.
The conversation covers the biggest topics featured in the report including adoption trends of new Layer1 and Layer 2 blockchains, the rise of decentralized exchanges and identity in web3 and everything you need to know about staking, gaming and the digital real estate in the metaverse.
Quote of the episode
“The narrative behind Bitcoin makes a ton of sense to me. Like anti-inflationary. I get, you know, hold forever. Those principles make sense, but it’s much less exciting. I don’t have gold bricks sitting under my desk here either for kind of the same reason.” ..– Ian Andrews (Chief Marketing Officer, Chainalysis)
Minute-by-minute episode breakdown
- (2:15) – Ethan’s origin story and timing the markets
- (4:45) – How crypto got content and what does that mean for the future of web3
- (7:05) – Programmable money and building on top of the top blockchains
- (11:10) –How the blockchain can be used to solve for identity issues of web2
- (15:15) – The Evolution of Ethereum Name Service (ENS) and identity
- (17:50) –Decentralized Exchanges gaining popularity over Centralized Exchanges in recent years
- (20:13) –Staking on Ethereum being outpaced by Solana Blockchain
- (22:30) – Gaming, The Metaverse and soaring digital real estate prices
Check out more resources provided by Chainalysis that perfectly complement this episode of the Public Key.
- Report:The Chainalysis State of Web3 Report
- Webinar: The State of Web3: Watch On Demand (with Ethan McMahon and Kim Grauer)
- Blog: How the Crypto Industry Can Leverage Blockchains’ Transparency to Understand and Prevent Market Contagion
- Blog: New Layer 1 Blockchains Are Expanding the DeFi Ecosystem But No Eth Killers Yet
- Report: a16z: Introducing the 2022 State of Crypto Report
- Video: Chainalysis Links New York 2022 (Video Replays)
Speakers on today’s episode
- Ian Andrews * Host * (Chief Marketing Officer, Chainalysis) https://www.linkedin.com/in/ianhandrews
- Ethan McMahon (Economist, Chainalysis)
This website may contain links to third-party sites that are not under the control of Chainalysis, Inc. or its affiliates (collectively “Chainalysis”). Access to such information does not imply association with, endorsement of, approval of, or recommendation by Chainalysis of the site or its operators, and Chainalysis is not responsible for the products, services, or other content hosted therein.
Our podcasts are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to provide legal, tax, financial, or investment advice. Listeners should consult their own advisors before making these types of decisions. Chainalysis has no responsibility or liability for any decision made or any other acts or omissions in connection with your use of this material.
Chainalysis does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability or validity of the information in any particular podcast and will not be responsible for any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies of any part of such material.
Unless stated otherwise, reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by Chainalysis. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. Views and opinions expressed by Chainalysis employees are those of the employees and do not necessarily reflect the views of the company.