Episode 11 of Public Key, the Chainalysis podcast, is here! In this episode, we talk about going from Bitcoin skeptic to believer, with Chainalysis co-founders Jonathan Levin and Michael Gronager.
Public Key Episode 11 preview: The early days of Bitcoin, Building during a bear market and the future innovations of the blockchain
In this episode of Public Key, our host, Ian Andrews (CMO at Chainalysis) is joined live from New York City at the Chainalysis Links Conference by company co-founders Jonathan Levin (Chief Strategy Officer) and Michael Gronager (Chief Executive Officer) to talk about the early days of the Bitcoin community and the process of becoming a cryptocurrency believer.
The conversation goes into the backstory of the Chainalysis co-founders and their early days building one of the key infrastructure companies in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. They cover everything from building during a bear market, the product launches of Storyline and Playbook, to the innovations they are most excited about as the future of blockchain technology expands.
Quote of the episode
“I joined the [crypto] community in a crash. I got excited about it in a crash. So basically the crash happened in 2011 from like $30 or $50 down to $1 dollar. And that was apparently exciting. But what happened following that? Was a lot of building.” ..– Michael Gronager (Co-founder + CEO, Chainalysis)
Minute-by-minute episode breakdown
- (2:05) – Michael’s crypto origin stories, Mt. Gox hacks and the crypto community during the early blocks
- (4:45) – Jonathan early thoughts of crypto arbitrage and the economic incentives that secured Bitcoin
- (6:45) – Going from Bitcoin Skeptic to Bitcoin Believer over the last decade
- (9:10) –How the crypto market downturn can be used to build the innovation that leads to the next bull run
- (13:15) – The future and innovation of the blockchain being used in new ways
- (14:57) – Speculation on the price of bitcoin and the
Check out more resources provided by Chainalysis that perfectly complement this episode of the Public Key.
- Report:The Chainalysis State of Web3 Report (Reserve your copy – Coming June 2022)
- Blog: How the Crypto Industry Can Leverage Blockchains’ Transparency to Understand and Prevent Market Contagion
- Blog: New Layer 1 Blockchains Are Expanding the DeFi Ecosystem But No Eth Killers Yet
- Company News: Introducing Chainalysis Storyline: The First Blockchain Analysis Tool Designed for Web3
- Company News: Chainalysis Doubles Private Sector Business and Raises New Funding to Double Its Valuation to $8.6 Billion
- Webinar: The State of Web: June 30, 2022 at 11am ET (with Ethan McMahon, Economist)
- Video: Chainalysis Links New York 2022 (Video Replays)
Speakers on today’s episode
- Ian Andrews * Host * (Chief Marketing Officer, Chainalysis) https://www.linkedin.com/in/ianhandrews
- Jonathan Levin (Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Chainalysis) https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonylevin
- Michael Gronager (Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Chainalysis) https://www.linkedin.com/in/gronager
This website may contain links to third-party sites that are not under the control of Chainalysis, Inc. or its affiliates (collectively “Chainalysis”). Access to such information does not imply association with, endorsement of, approval of, or recommendation by Chainalysis of the site or its operators, and Chainalysis is not responsible for the products, services, or other content hosted therein.
Our podcasts are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to provide legal, tax, financial, or investment advice. Listeners should consult their own advisors before making these types of decisions. Chainalysis has no responsibility or liability for any decision made or any other acts or omissions in connection with your use of this material.
Chainalysis does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability or validity of the information in any particular podcast and will not be responsible for any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies of any part of such material.
Unless stated otherwise, reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by Chainalysis. The views expressed by guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. Views and opinions expressed by Chainalysis employees are those of the employees and do not necessarily reflect the views of the company.